Sunday 8 January 2012

Jairus

He's one of the stars of my life. When we competed years ago, I didn't know he was of such strong caliber, such strong character. There was this instant when both of us started our virgin paddling experience, we started almost together capsizing every other day in our ever unstable boat. Every time we fell we would get up but after a considerable amount of tries, I would normally sit on the shore while watching his countless attempts in the mastery of the boat. He was a worthy opponent, in fact now that I see - a formidable fighter. I think everyone in my time had seen him in action, his aspirations, his fight and his dreams, makes up a big picture of a respectable athlete in every Singaporean paddlers.

He inspired me, undoubtedly. I want to return to the arena of paddling after I sorted my iron rice bowl, representing Singapore is something I can afford for my country, a chapter of my story that I would like to write. Age 28 will be my prime, so let's work towards that. Meanwhile keeping myself fit.
‘I want to be grateful; I want to show my appreciation to all the people around me, and I want to appreciate and enjoy every moment of my life.’

Read more here

No comments:

Post a Comment