Friday 28 May 2010

The danger about living in the past..

Instinctively, probably out of emotions or general need for love, comfort or acknowledgement, we turned towards our past, recount and live within them.
Past love, past happenings, past happiness, past buddies, past decendants or things we had and lived with them in joyful moments for a period of time.

Unconsciously, those memories had became an avenue where we seek fulfilments or our own peace of mind. Being in these thoughts for too long impedes us of the joy we actually have around us, the present opportunities we missed because we have always lived in the past.

I have lived in the past for too long, be it love, accomplishments, results or close friends I've made, they have been circling in my head. I'm always missing happy times I had with the canoeist that I've been missing out the fun I'm having with my buddies around here. Always thinking about my primary crush that I'm missing out on better girls all around. Always indulging on my double gold that I don't get motivated to aim for anything more in life.

My present bunk buddy made me realise on this weakness of mine by being on himself. On the first day when we first introduced, we spent most of the time talking about his previous buddy. As much as I do not want to be affected by it, it just comes to me to try to be like his buddy-in replacement of the good buddy he once had.

It's dangerous to live in the past simply because it deprives of living in the present moment. I regret for all the things, friends or girls I've missed during these years. It's really shameful to have past them without noticing them..

About time to take another step forward and start on a whole new adventure once again =). Let's start fresh from now on diary. =)


My dad took this photo and I think it's awesome! Love the clouds above Singapore =).

We helped a tourist to search for the cookie factory at esplanade today =D.


No comments:

Post a Comment