Thursday 10 June 2010

A rocking life.

Flying off in a pretty short time and enjoying every moment of my national serving terms. 24/7 we are obliged to study this stack of notes where we have to drill and digest every single important procedure into actions which we are taking in the coming series of flights. Practically, no one will enforce rules that we study so it's up to our own self discipline to get those theories into our heads.

In these 2 weeks, I've got to know 18 wonderful souls. Each of whom has a funny and interesting character =). Most importantly, we are happening and lively people.

However, in this lively atmosphere that we live in, lies a formidable threat that cruelly chops people. Just today, 3 of us were being chopped because of negative backbone xray scan results. Imagine studying so hard for something so memory intensive yet getting chopped because of health related issue (not even a slight chance of getting it corrected) and there's nothing much you can really do about it. As all soldiers call it.. SUCK THUMB.
I won't be surprise if my phone ring one day and informed me that I'm chopped, since I've been playing intensive sports all my life. Pilots are born.. not trained. So if it's not my calling, it never will be. If it's my calling, then it will be. =)

To digress a bit, when I signed on those dotted lines, I realised that I will probably be bound to wear a uniform my entire life since I just extended my service term by 12 years.

This is not drawn by me! But it looks like the jet we are going to fly. =)


FAREWELL JEREMIAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment