Monday 2 August 2010

6 weeks abroad have imposed a challenge of me being homesick.

So what's the experience for this whole time at Oz?
I definitely learnt how to live alone and to occupy myself whenever I'm lonely. For an entire week, I had to live with my only guy friend under one roof. No doubt it questions me if I'm turning gay but most of the time he is skyping with his mysterious girl, so I'm left alone for most of the time. Play ball, strike pool, gym and movie marathon alone. In a way, I'm forced to live my life myself but it isn't so bad cause there are always wonderful instructors whom coloured my life, bringing me to different places with wonderful sights and natural observatory that are unbelievably extravagant.

For the record, was there once where you could see 360dg clear horizons from one end to another? The sky seemed bigger at this place cause there aren't any high sky scrapers or urbanized gigantic features that blocks this spectacular view.

This is one of the longest periods I have been away from my family and friends. Friends, I do the miss times when I seek relief and distress when I'm out with my friends. Doing even the dumbest things like throwing popcorns or spamming hair gel.

I used to find myself constantly in need of someone to talk to and share things with someone, to anyone that willing to give a minute just to listen.
But it have come to this extent that the need have subside, I gave up finding for that someone to listen. I just laze around and instead those thoughts wanting to be shared just vapourises. It came to a point where I actually recognised that " Hey! Living alone isn't so lonely after all!"

So here begins yet another challenge : Juggling of family.
In this profession, it requires us to travel abroad very often. 6 weeks had just been the starters of the full course meal to come. When it goes into full swing, it'll probably be 2 years of not seeing home. In the next subsequent 7 months, I'll probably be sent overseas yet again for another period of 9 month straight abroad for another series of training.
In that course, it requires us to focus thoroughly on our task at hand and, probably for some of us, stay away from home for a prolonged period. Let's not think too far for the time being, take it one step at time.

For now, my mum's already missing me badly. Time to head home and give her a big hug =).

No comments:

Post a Comment