Tuesday 26 January 2010

This 9am to 830 pm job is really a day killer. Get out of my hse at 0830 and reach at 9. Could hardly do anything at home. This blog post is typed on the bus btw, on my hand phone =P.

Successfully, i applied to terminate my job next Monday. But when they all heard abt it, they started groaning, panicking and gossiping. So my sharp ears learnt something i shouldn't have known today.

All these workers here are already here for at least 10 years and that's really something. I mean i havent even stayed in a single sch for more than 5 yrs, imagine doing the same thing for 10 yrs.. This season was the first time the company is in such pressure, in their 10 years of work time line, cause of one of the biggest customers we have. If i had left, all these old aunties and uncles will have no choice but to work until 10pm in the night, that starts from 9am in the morning- if a replacement was not found in time that is.

One of them mentioned about resigning after i left and that made me kind of guilty. I feel a sense of responsibility to guard the health of these folks. They are all approx 50 and over working could only meant worst health. Even i fell sick after working such long hours, let alone them. I hate this job but should I leave them as they are?

Should i work instead till i leave for NS? =/ i dont mind donating those few day's wages for haiti's emergency fund =).

I need advise!

No comments:

Post a Comment